A day at the beach, great music, salty nuts, pretzels and energy storage. What do all of these things have in common? They are all perfect complements to ice cold draft beer. Yes it’s true. Green Charge is a proud member of the California Craft Brewers Association and we look forward to attending the California Craft Brewers Conference on May 18 and 19th in San Diego.
Beer and California Fast Facts
- During 2014 the number of operating breweries increased by over 20 percent.
- Today California has more craft breweries (554) than any other state.
- In 2014 the number of operating breweries grew by more than 24%.
- There are currently an additional 240 breweries in planning.
- California produces more craft beer than any other state, in 2014 approximately 3.5 million barrels of beer were produced.
- California has 12 of the top 50 largest craft breweries by volume in the country.
- In 2012 California increased craft beer production by over 21%.
- One out of every five craft beers brewed in the United States comes from California.
Why energy storage and beer?
Did you know that energy storage is the easiest way to reduce costs on your electric bill? If your brewing facility has HVAC systems, refrigeration needs, electric forklifts, or other machines with large sudden power draws, you can save thousands of dollars a year with our energy storage solution. Sophisticated cloud-based software monitors a facility’s energy use on a second-by-second basis. The result empowers facilities to better control their energy use and reduce their monthly electric costs. Now that’s refreshing.